Friday 16 May 2014

What is in a name?

The name of the boat from the previous owner was "Starship" this felt a little bit space cadet to me and did not ring true. The brainstorming was on from friends and family to come up with a name. The winning name was supplied by long time family friend Hannele in discussion with my mum and dad back in Australia. The name was "Just Dreamin". This really hit a chord with me and so the new name was found but as with all things nautical to change a name of a vessel requires a boat name changing ceremony to ensure fair wind and seas in the future. Also a lot of drinking and eating and drinking. See below the naming ceremony where we renamed the boat at my Aunt and Uncles yacht club (Capital City Yacht Club)
Boat Renaming ceromony with family and friends on the fore deck
I think we can fit more people in the cockpit
My mate Pat supervising my uncle Dave as the new name goes on

No comments:

Post a Comment