Thursday 29 September 2016

The Boomerang Start ... so lets try that again

Success with my mate Jeremy a "legend" who took the night at short notice to drive me through the USA border to get me my visa waiver form. 


So the trip is off to a flying start as we did not even make it into the USA. Just like a boomerang, the Aussie went out an back. Loree and Vada we fine to enter it's just the dodgy Aussie without the right paperwork. So any way we had to go back to Canada because of an omission in the visa waiver program for Australians and all other Visa waiver countries where the issuing of USA Visa waiver works for all ways of entry except for entry by private boat/plane. There are only two work arounds to either get a USA holiday Visa which takes a month or to enter by land or Commercial ferry/plane and get t Visa waiver that way. Once I have the waiver I am good to enter whatever way I like, say by private boat.

So this is the plan to try and keep the trip on schedule

  1. Motor back to Sidney on Vancouver Island 
  2. Clear Canada customs back into Canada 
  3. Go to mooring, unpack dinghy and row to shore
  4. Catch taxi to Schwartz bay
  5. Catch ferry to Tsawassen (mainland BC)
  6. My mate Jeremy (a legend) will pick me up in his car and drive me through the USA border so I can get my visa waiver form
  7. Stay with Anne-Marie,  Jeremy and cute baby Logan overnight. Thank you guys for helping out.
  8. Catch ferry back to Sidney on the island 
  9. Get back to boat and pack up dinghy, etc again
  10. Get back on my boat and re-enter the USA
And ooooohhhhhhh take a big breath the trip can start

See below the BC ferry that is taking me back to the mainland to cross USA land border 


4 comments:

  1. Better luck with take 2. I wait with bated breath! Kathryn

    ReplyDelete
  2. Was so worth it. Subway, box-o-chocolates, and cruzing through Vancouver at a rare hour of no traffic? Was a great mini adventure :) Safe sailin mate!

    ReplyDelete
  3. A resourceful Aussie, always looking for the loophole ...happy sails to you all

    ReplyDelete
  4. I wouldn't let you in the country either Justin.

    ReplyDelete