Saturday 29 October 2016

San Francisco boat works

So after the sail to San Francisco there was some damage due the gale we went through. See blog post
http://storiesofjustdreamin.blogspot.com/2016/10/riding-out-gale-force-winds-and.html
This meant my next week was spent repairing the boat in San Francisco I did not get to do any site seeing until the following week, but thats boat I guess. I fixed things better, I used bolts instead of screws, and heres to hoping it will last this time.
The list of jobs included:
  • Fix the draws that broke
  • Fix the seat that tore out of the floor
  • Fix the water maker
  • Add a water bottle/cup holder bellow decks
  • Add cabinet for the water maker
  • Fix the lee cloths
  • Replace the wind indicator that blew off 
  • Repair the sails
  • Fix the gas locker for the spare gas cylinder
and the list of small things goes on ....
See below some pics of the work
Floor boards up and time to drill some holes

Loree trying to make lunch around the mess in the living room I mean work shop

Time to install the seat

Safety first when using power tools with the draws

Water maker fixed waiting for cupboard

Just canabalising the boat for timber for projects

Up the mast looking down at Loree who winched me up there

No comments:

Post a Comment