Monday 20 March 2017

Puerto Plata, Dominican Republic

We arrived in Puerto Plata on the 20th of March as soon as the marina was open.  We cleared customs and immigration quickly and made our way over to the Iberostar resort, Cost Dorada, where my family was waiting.

Just Dreamin' at Ocean World Marina

Just by fluke, we arrived in Dominican Republic when a dozen of my family members on my mom's side were visiting a resort, including my Nanny, my uncle Hughie,  my aunts, Denise, Darlene,  and Debbie, my cousins, Tiffany, and Jillian, and an old family friend, Tracy. 

We enjoyed the day by the pool with Denise, Nanny, Darlene, and Hughie.  Justin and I only stayed at the resort until 6 pm because we were exhausted.

Justin, Denise, and Hughie trying to hide in the shade

Denise and I enjoying the sun

Justin lined up with other competitors to see who can run on the mats on the water and throw a basket ball in the hoop at the other end of the pool

Justin's attempt at the game; he hit the rim

We returned to the resort early the day to hit up the gym before meeting up with family.  Justin and I joined Debbie, Tiffany, and Jillian in the jacuzzi in the Spa after our work out.

Debbie, Jillian, and Tiffany enjoying the jacuzzi

After enjoying lunch with Hughie,  Denise, and Tracy, I had a lovely Thai message.   We spent the evening inside chatting with everyone due to the rain.  We then enjoyed the evening show that the resort puts on.  Justin and I enjoyed quite a few mohitos,  and ended up leaving the resort at two in the morning.

Justin and I got up early the next day to do laundry, get groceries,  and clean the boat.  Hughie,  Debbie, Tiffany, and Jillian came to the boat at 1:00 pm.  My second cousin, Aimee, and my great uncle, James (who lives in the Dominican Republic), met us at the boat as well.

Aimee, Jillian, Debbie, Justin, Hughie, and Tiffany

Even though it had started to rain,  we took the boat out.  As the wind was 20 knots and gusting, the water was pretty choppy. We only went out for an hour as a few people started getting sea sick.  But they were all troopers for going out in those conditions.

Justin and I spent our last day relaxing and getting errands done.  Justin worked on the bow light and I caught up with the blog and facebook.

We left the Dominican Republic on the 23rd of March in the evening. The next stop is the British Virgin Islands to meet up with Justin's family.

No comments:

Post a Comment